The Gottman Method is an approach to couples therapy that includes a thorough assessment of the couple relationship and integrates research-based interventions based on the Sound Relationship House Theory.
About the Training
October 11 and 12th: 900 – 1630
About the training
This is part one in learning Gottman Method Couples Therapy. A truly inspiring workshop, Level 1 Training in Copenhagen, Denmark will give you new insights into treatment for couples who struggle, using research-based assessments and effective interventions that you can use the Monday after the training.
Who Should Attend?
- Psychologists and Psychotherapists
- Students and interns
- Professors/teachers of couples therapy
- Researchers in the social sciences
Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy to help couples strengthen:
- The Friendship System – the foundation for intimacy, passion, and good sex
- The Conflict System – the basis for helping couples identify and address solvable problems and understand and manage irresolvable differences
- The Shared Meaning System – the existential foundation of the relationship that helps partners discover their shared purpose for building a life together
What Will You Learn?
- Research-based strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflict
- Skills to empower partners to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues by uncovering their underlying dreams, history, and values
- Methods to help couples process fights and heal their hurts
- Techniques for partners to deepen their intimacy and minimize relapse
- New assessments and effective interventions to help understand couples’ struggles
5200 DKK excluding Moms. Some student rates are available.
- Lunch both days, and snacks and coffee/tea throughout the training
- A bound manual
Credit toward Specialisation:
Note that we have applied for 12 hours of credit toward specialisation for Psychologists advancing toward their ‘psychotherapy with adults and children’ specialisation. We are awaiting a response from Psykolonævenet but are hopeful that they will approve our request.
This training is being offered for the first time in Copenhagen, Denmark. We hope to bring Sinead back for parts II and III.
Training is being hosted by The Little White House- a psychology clinic for Internationals and others who wish to have therapy in English.
Link to sign up: (please note that once you have signed up, you will receive an invoice from Debbie Quackenbush, Ph.D. and the Little White House).
Sinead Smyth, L.M.F.T. is a Master Trainer in Gottman Method Couples Therapy and a Consultant to The Gottman Institute. She is the Clinical Director of East Bay Relationship Center, in Pleasanton and Alameda, CA . Sinead works with couples and individuals seeking to improve their most important relationships. She trains therapists and in the US and in Europe in Gottman Method Couples Therapy, and is a supervising consultant to clinicians who have been approved for certification track by the Gottman Institute. She has presented relationship-themed talks to various academic and lay audiences for many years, and is passionate about the research-based approach she practices.
1112 København K
For more information please write:
info@thelittlewhitehouse or call Kate at 20358738